What you can do
- Visit our Safety Concerns Map, select a location, and add your safety concern.
- Complete a driver education class – e.g. classes offered by your car insurance company or AARP.
- Take the pledge to not text while walking, bicycling, or driving, and ask the same of your family and friends. Examples include AT&T’s It Can Wait campaign and the DecidetoDrive.org program created by the American association of Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Install anti-texting-and-driving software on your mobile phone.
- When driving, be mindful and aware of your surroundings. Always follow the rules of the road, observe the speed limits, and yield to pedestrians and bicyclists when turning at intersections.
- When bicycling, be mindful and aware of your surroundings. Always follow the rules of the road, ride with traffic, stay off the sidewalk, and wear lights and reflectors at night.
- As a pedestrian, be mindful and aware of your surroundings. Stay alert and don’t assume that drivers have seen you or will yield when turning.
How to get involved
Join our e-mail list to receive updates about Vision Zero and specific planning initiatives. Also, feel free to e-mail us at [email protected].