Thank you for your interest in Vision Zero Boston, our commitment to focus the city’s resources on proven strategies to eliminate fatal and serious traffic crashes in the city by 2030.
This kit will provide you with some core statistics and facts with regard to Vision Zero Boston, press releases, hi-res images, and a pdf of the Action Plan.
For press inquiries please contact:
Key facts & statistics:
- Vision Zero concept was created in Sweden in 1997 and is widely credited with a significant reduction in fatal and serious crashes on Sweden’s roads since that time.
- In March of 2015, Mayor Walsh announced that the City of Boston was adopting Vision Zero.
- From 2010 - 2014, 79 people were killed in a motor vehicle, bicycle, or pedestrian crash on Boston roads. (Source: Boston Police Department, Does not include roads that are not owned by the City of Boston)
- In 2014, 1,279 people, 2-3 per day, on average, who were walking or bicycling required EMS due to a crash on Boston roads. (Source: Boston EMS)
- The Vision Zero Action Plan promises action in four critical areas and a rapid response to fatalities.
- The Vision Zero Traffic Crash Map shows all crashes that resulted in EMS and / or Police calls (injuries) from July 2014 to September 2015. This map will be updated on a regular basis.
- In 2016, the City of Boston will focus on Massachusetts Ave and Codman Square as Vision Zero Priority Corridors.
- In 2016, the City of Boston will expand the Neighborhood Slow Streets program, which is currently being implemented in Stony Brook and the Talbot-Norfolk Triangle.
03.25.2015 - Mayor Walsh Announces Future Focused Transportation Improvements For Pedestrians, Cyclists and Drivers - Mayor Walsh announces that the City of Boston will adopt Vision Zero.
Files for download
Vision Zero Boston Action Plan PDF
Logos & Icons
Charts & Graphs
These sample tweets / facebook posts that can be used with these images:
- #VisionZeroBos promises action in 4 critical areas. Read action the plan at visionzeroboston.org
- What does #VisionZeroBos mean for Boston? Learn more at visionzeroboston.org
- #VisionZeroBos is @CityofBoston’s plan to end fatal & serious crashes by 2030. Learn more: visionzeroboston.org